Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Travels - Atlanta, GA


Robert and I both had conferences in Atlanta in March, so we packed up the cat and took a road trip to the Southeast. I was encouraged by the CIMS crowd while Rob learned more about statistics at ENAR. On our day off we had a delicious lunch at the Watershed restaurant (recommended by Christine & Kevin as a must for Indigo Girls fans) and explored the Botanical Gardens and Centennial Olympic Park.

Debra-Bess-Rae @ CIMS

Life imitating art....


Orchids, LOTS and LOTS of orchids....

Another plant that I first discovered while seeking refuge in the warm, moist greenhouse at Conn when there was snow on the ground outside. I just adore the juxtaposition of soft green leaves on the strong black stem. Beautiful. Does anyone know the name of this plant? I always forget to write it down when I'm busy soaking in the beauty of a greenhouse.

No comments: